Social media & Digital Marketing is a great way to engage with your current and potential customers, spread more awareness about your services, and create brand loyalty among customers by reinforcing what makes your salon unique.
With the increasing use of social media in every industry, it’s crucial that businesses know how to connect with customers and use platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in a way that customers will enjoy and that will benefit your business.
Social media posts should attract your customers to crave more interaction and communication. Your content shoule be engaging and interesting to those who are going to read it and should provide them with some new source of information.
Post information or photos that your target audience would find appealing and that are in line with your branding. For example, if your hair salon has a modern feel, young, fun, your posts should match this tone. On the other hand if your brand has more of a vintage, old school theme you may consider posting pictures that follow this idea or tweet about how your business is for the woman that loves classic beauty.
You should post pictures that your demographic will respond to and react to in a positive way. All pictures, captions or tweets should match the tone of your brand and be in line with your target age group. Before you post anything on social media, make sure it is something you feel your customer would want to talk about or be interested in.
Salons should post content such as hair and beauty tips or the latest how-to guides or engaging content related to your business that is available in a short, easy to read format. Examples would be an intriguing photo with a simple caption, a short list of beauty tips, a fun beauty vine video or an infographic. These types of content are interactive and appealing to your target audience.
Facebook provides a great way for you to share your services, post photos of your unique nail art or create contests or giveaways to promote brand loyalty and spread awareness of your brand.
In today’s Facebook era, it is rare that you would find a customer who isn’t a member of the social media site. Therefore, it is the perfect medium to communicate with customers. The following are tips for marketing your salon on Facebook:
1. Write relevant posts that engage consumers – Write posts that customers want to respond to and will enjoy giving their opinion on. An example of this would be to ask questions like “Summer has officially begun! What will be your summer hair cut of choice?” This type of conversation starter is relevant, personalized, and something that majority of salon-goers would enjoy discussing.
2. Post pictures, and lots of them! – One of the best ways businesses can use Facebook is as a visual medium. Your salon should be showcasing the work that it is most proud of. Whether that be fun holiday-themed manicures or gorgeous bridal party hairstyles, pictures provide an outlet to show what you can do. As a bonus, pictures are engaged with more than text-only posts, in fact 120% more , therefore these can also help to bring new referrals through your front doors as your current customers share the photo with their own personal networks.
3. Treat your Facebook Page as a miniature website – When customers arrive on your Facebook page they should be able to find all of the information they may be looking for. Use the various Facebook tabs to show your salon locations, services, photos and reviews.
4. Engage customers through Facebook contests and giveaways – In general, people love free stuff. Whether that be a aed 50 gift card to your beauty salon or a discount on a beauty package for Mother’s day as seen in the picture below, your customers will love the ease of being able to enter or receive the promotion while on Facebook. Also, they will likely comment on the contest page post or share it to their own Facebook friends, creating more awareness for your business.
5. Provide Facebook Fans with exclusive deals – When Liking a business on Facebook, customers like to feel as though they’re getting something special in return. You can entice them to like you on Facebook by offering 10% off their next visit or by sharing the Page on Facebook to receive a gift with their next purchase. In addition, you can provide discounts to Facebook Fans which are only redeemable by mentioning the specific Facebook Ad, as seen in the example below. By knowing that these offers are only to Facebook Fans, customers will want to follow your Page more closely and will likely tell their friends when they do score an exclusive deal.
With over 200 million users in just 4 years, Instagram is the newest member of the core social media family. Pictures are a great way to market your salon and show a wide variety of your work as well as fun, quirky photos that follow your brand’s theme.
1. Stay on trend – Use trending hashtags to draw more users to your Instagram profile and to find out about your salon. An example would be to use #Eid as one hashtag to gain more views while showing a picture of a holiday themed manicure and showcasing the salon’s services.
2. Use geography to your advantage – Use hashtags to point out your location. That way future customers looking for a salon nearby may stumble upon your photo and your salon. For example if you own a hair salon in the Business Bay of Dubai you may follow your other hashtags and caption with #Dubai and #BusinessBay, so that those looking for a haircut that day can locate your business quickly.
3. Use before and after pictures to showcase your stylists’ talent – Reviews and testimonials don’t need to just be a text post when it comes to social media. Use Instagram to show results in your salon. Before and after pictures show transformation and can grab users’ attention.
4. Be fun and quirky – Instagram users tend to be young and on trend, and enjoy fun, quirky posts in addition to just product or service-related posts. Once in a while a feel good post can engage your customers and you can use specific quotes or pictures that you feel defines your brand.
5. Do exclusive Instagram contests – One great aspect of Instagram is that you can have contests that involve user-generated content. Hold photo contests among your Followers, such as “Post a picture of your new summer manicure with the hashtag #Ontrendnailsalon and be entered to win your next manicure for free!” These engage customers and are easy for customers to participate in by simply uploading a picture and including the proper hashtag. If you have always wondered how to get more followers on Instagram, you will find out that a contest is one of the best solutions.
6. Post promotions on Instagram – Post promotional photos on Instagram so that customers are always aware of new things going on at your salon. An example would be to post a picture of a child with writing saying “Back to School Special: 30% off all kids haircuts from now until September 5th.” This informs customers about the promotion or acts as a reminder to those who may have heard about it in the past. You can also make the promotion Instagram-exclusive by telling customers that they have to show that picture in the salon to receive the promotion discount.
7. Provide incentives for Instagram word-of-mouth – Provide incentives for customers to upload a picture of what they had done at your salon such as “Have a new hairstyle or cut from Dropdead beauty salon that you just love? Upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #dropdeadnyc and receive 10% off your next visit.” Word-of-mouth is crucial in the salon business as trust is such a key factor when it comes to hair and beauty, therefore having friends share pictures with their own Instagram network is a great way to stretch your brand awareness.
Twitter is a great way for your salon business to provide information, share interesting related articles or hold contests. Here are 7 simple tips to ensure you’re Tweeting to your Followers in the most effective way possible:
1. Use Twitter as an information source about your services – Post information about a specific service with a link to your website where customers can get more information.
2. Exclusive Twitter offers – Have exclusive offers through your Twitter account, just for Twitter Followers. This will provide incentives for people to follow your business on Twitter, build your following or create more loyalty among customers.
3. Offers for Retweets – Twitter is a great platform for sharing as a simple Retweet from one of your Followers can generate you plenty of referrals. Offer incentives for Retweets such as “Chopped Hair Lounge is Dubai’s newest trendy hair salon. Receive aed 10 off your next cut, style or colour by retweeting this post”
4. Provide Group Deals – Twitter is a very social medium for communicating with others, and Group Deals are a great way to gain Followers or engage with customers. Salons are also a social place where people go to relax, enjoy, and feel good about themselves, so Twitter is a great way to engage with multiple people at once. An example would be to offer “Come in this weekend with 2 or more girlfriends and receive 20% off each on manicures, pedicures or a colour change just by showing this tweet!”
5. Use Twitter hashtags – Twitter is where hashtags were originally created, so use them on Twitter as well as Instagram. Insert hashtags at the end of updates, as a way to make contest posts unique or to tag a specific geographic location such as #Dubai, #Sharjah, or #AbuDhabi.
6. Be a timely Tweeter – Think about when customers check their Twitter feeds and tweet accordingly. Most of the time posting about hair promotions in the middle of a weekday day won’t be as effective as posting in the evenings, early morning, or weekend when customers will have time to see the post and call and make an appointment.
7. Share Articles on Twitter Related to your Salon – Use Twitter to share articles or interesting facts or stories in relation to your hair, nail or beauty salon. Customers who are following you on Twitter are interested in what you have to say and likely want your advice when it comes to their beauty or hair care.
EDS is a team of social media experts delivering online business solutions and exceptional digital marketing results for companies worldwide. We combine commercial thinking with technical brilliance in Lead Generation, Social Media Marketing, SMS Marketing, Email Marketing, Push Notifications, Google Adwords, Web Development, Search Engine Optimization and pay per click, content generation and online communications. For us, it’s all about return on investment and innovation to add value to your business. If you feel the same, please get in touch and let us provide you with a Free Audit of your online presence. A leading Digital Agency online marketing and Web Development Company with offices in Dubai, UAE . Highly creative and Experienced staff will be delighted to serve you and take the opportunity of your requirements such as Brand Identity, Corporate Brochure, Advertising Campaigns and Web Hosting. Digital Marketing Online Marketing, YouTube Advertising, Instagram Advertising, FaceBook Advertising, Twitter Advertising, Snapchat Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, SEO, Technical Tasks, Social Media Influencer, Mobile Marketing, Ranking Analysis, Fax Marketing, WhatsApp Marketing, LinkedIn Advertising, Video Shoot & Editing.
Call us today on +971-4-5193444 and our Experts will be delighted to help you.
Our company comprises of certified experts in various departments who are capable of executing their designated roles and hence ensuring that your expectations are met.
we have the most effective marketing strategies for your business,. Use them to generate a new marketing idea for your business today.
Using our versatile marketing tools, we are able to advert to advertise on major platforms mostly used by your ideal audience to generate qualified leads for your business.
We first of all brainstorm your project scope and budget that will be required to promote products or services and achieving your expected deliverables before initiating the execution process.
we have the most effective marketing strategies for your business,. Use them to generate a new marketinBased on your business industry, and expectations, we are able to target your ideal audience locally (UAE) or globally if applicable.
All prospective leads generated from your project will be yours and as such can be added to your custom database for future re-targeting and more.
EDS offer lead generation services – to give you instant access to a professional team of business development specialists with a solid track record. And our time-tested processes and technologically-advanced systems empower them to achieve remarkable results.
We will help you understand how AdWords works, detailing the AdWords auction, bidding process and explaining important factors like Quality Score and cost-per-click. When people search on Google using one of your keywords, your ad may appear next to the search results.
Programmatic Marketing is a method to the drilled down demographic that your organization seeks to target considering specific demographics such as: Geography, Age, Gender, Social Status, and other relevant triggers.
Social media marketing is the process of channeling potential traffic to relevant online industries through wide-ranging social media platforms. Digital or social media is a 24/7 active and cost-free medium, where people talk, share, learn, debate and discuss over an exhaustive range of industries.
CPL advertising is the most cost-effective way of getting leads to grow your customer database, newsletter list or community site. You may be in wonder, the fact is, that with 71% year-to-year growth, online lead generation is the fastest growing segment in internet advertising.
Mobile marketing has been taken to the next level with geofencing, which gives companies the ability to advertise to customers within a geographic radius. All modern smartphones have GPS capability.
CEO, Korooti International
Excellent experience of working with EDS. Very professional and on time delivery of services. Totally satisfied and will continue using them as our partners.
We are Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah & Al Zahra Medical center Dubai one of EDS client. EDS – SMS marketing service is very good and no delay at all.
I had a very good experience with EDS. There team were helpful getting us up and running and their SMS system is easy to use and good value for money. I would recommend them as a supplier and will work with them again.
Awesome customer service! We’ve never been let down and all of our requests have been granted immediately. Great group to work with!
Great service and amazing support. We are working with them in multiple campaigns and they do great job. Highly recommending this agency.
EDS got us top rankings on all of the major search engines where in the past we were unable to even show up on them. EDS did what they promised, when they promised, all at a fair price. We couldn’t ask for more.
All campaigns conducted through EDS were successful. We were able to generate a high number of inquiries following the SMS sent. Their database is convenient and extended. We recommend EDS to all companies.